NEW NEWSPAPERS of RECORD LAW
Becomes Effective July 1, 2019
VPA Publishers and Advertising Managers,
We want to make you aware that SB1638 will become law on July 1, 2019.
The new law amends Section 8.01-324 of the Va. Code that pertains to newspapers that may be used for public notices.
The law includes the following changes and requires:
· requirements to qualify as a newspaper of record
· newspapers must make public notices more prominent
· newspapers must keep a three-year print archive of public notices
· post all public notices in their entirety and in front of the paywall
· upload all public notices to the VPA statewide public notice website
If you need additional information – please contact Betsy Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-521-7584