Senior Marketing Executive
The Chesterfield Observer, an independently-owned media company based in Midlothian, Virginia, is currently accepting applications for a senior marketing specialist to help us expand our commitment to community journalism and grow our business partnerships through print and online advertising. This is both a sales and a management position, and the ideal candidate will be as comfortable prospecting for new clients as they are developing and executing a marketing plan to grow the Observer’s brand.
The Observer reaches more than 150,000 readers in print each week, and more than 50,000 unique website visitors to chesterfieldobserver.com each month. For 25 years, the Observer has worked to strengthen the community by keeping citizens aware, engaged and connected through great journalism. Do you want to make your community a better place? Join us.
– Build and maintain close relationships with current business partners, and prospect for new ones.
– Develop advertising and marketing solutions that meet the needs and goals of the company and our business partners.
– Collaborate with sales and editorial team to strategize short- and long-term growth for the company.
– Identify and develop proposals for new marketing opportunities that align with editorial and advertising mission of the Observer.
– Three or more years of sales and/or marketing experience, preferably in print advertising.
– Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal.
– Capacity to multitask and stay on top of multiple calendars, deadlines and campaigns.
– Strong leadership skills, the ability to set clear goals and guide team members to achieve them.
– A positive, can-do attitude and a drive to connect with and help others.
The Observer offers competitive compensation with health benefits and 401(k), and an established client list to hit the ground running. To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.