Multi-Media Copy Editor/Designer
The RTD is committed to community journalism. To join our team, submit a résumé, cover letter and your five best print or web headlines, designs and/or projects (print or web).
* Edit news, business and feature stories (and possibly sports).
* Use strong news judgment and attention to detail to identify problems in stories and collaboratively work toward solutions.
* Balance multiple assignments and priorities on deadline.
* Write engaging, keyword-filled headlines, as well as cutlines that complement stories.
* Uphold standards in a fast-paced environment.
* Pull wire stories and prepare them for publication.
* Help keep Richmond.com up to date through our content management system.
* Quickly and efficiently build and design print news pages.
* Build and design multi-media packages for Richmond.com, including photo galleries, video, interactive graphics, charts, etc.
*Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or related discipline. * Two years of experience at a daily newspaper.
*Be a strong communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills, who works with desk colleagues and newsroom departments in a professional manner.
*Able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.