Digital Opinions Producer
The Richmond Times-Dispatch’s Opinions section is seeking a digitally savvy journalist who can produce compelling editorials and help amplify our online presence. The RTD is Virginia’s news leader, with a vibrant Opinions section that’s a marketplace of ideas. This position could be remote, depending on qualifications.
In this job, the successful candidate would:
- Write compelling editorials with a statewide focus that would be used across Lee Enterprises’ Virginia properties.
- Work closely with the Opinions Editor and Associate Opinions Editor to focus on the digital edition and multimedia outlets (e.g., video, social media); package related content; and help develop a digital strategy.
- Assist with proofreading daily Opinions pages and content.
- Participate in community meetings.
- Have expertise in AP style.
- Have a minimum of five years experience.
- Perform other duties as necessary.