Jim Maxwell will serve as vice president of the VPA Board of Directors effective July 1.
Carol McCracken will lead the VPA Board of Directors as president beginning July 1.
Members of the Virginia Press Association unanimously approved a new slate of officers and added two new members to the board of directors during its annual member meeting held virtually on Thursday, May 19.
Leading the association for the 2022-2023 term are:
- President Carol McCracken, Co-owner and VP of Sales, Chesterfield Observer
- Vice President Jim Maxwell, Publisher, Bristol Herald Courier
- Secretary Kris Worrell, Editor-in-Chief, The Virginian-Pilot/Daily Press
- Treasurer Dennis Brack, Publisher, Rapphannock News
- Immediate Past President Chad Harrison, President of Womack Publishing
- Assistant Secretary and Treasurer Betsy Edwards, Executive Director, VPA
Joining the VPA Board of Directors on July 1 are Chris Coates, executive editor of the Richmond Times-Dispatch, and Kalea Clark, deputy general counsel for The Washington Post. They will replace seats being vacated by outgoing directors Paige Mudd, Richmond Times-Dispatch, and Jay Kennedy, The Washington Post, whose terms expire on June 30.